“Children have more of a need for models than critics.”
Infant Toddler Support Person - HIRING JANUARY 2020
Shine opened its doors in January 2015 and has been expanding at a rapid pace ever since! We are looking for caregivers and teachers who believe in holistic care, respect for the individual child, and child-led, nature-based, & play-based learning.
The Infant & Toddler Support Person will be responsible for assisting in both the Infant and Toddler Classrooms (we have 1 of each). Ideally, this person would be familiar with or interested in learning more about Forest schools, Magda Gerber's philosophy of Infant Care (RIE), and Montessori Philosophy.
Job responsibilities will include (but not necessarily be limited to):
- Extra Support in Classroom - Work with teachers when to provide an extra set of hands as necessary - examples include helping getting children ready for outside, assisting with toddler potty breaks, helping with a sick child or a child that is having difficulty
- Float for lunch breaks & restroom breaks - be prepared to be supportive to staff by giving restroom breaks daily and floating for 3 lunch breaks.
- Substitute teacher - Fill in as a sub when needed
- Compliance with State laws - must be familiar with all Ohio Child Care licensing laws (we are not pursuing SUTQ) and attend Child Care laws training; help make sure infant and toddler classrooms are compliant with state laws
- Quality improvement innovation - we are actively looking to improve our already great program. Looking for someone driven to make care even better for the Infants & Toddlers at Shine!
- Curriculum development (monthly nature-based curriculum activities for infants & toddlers) alongside the lead teachers
- Help keep classroom clean & organized - sanitize & organize work areas or toys during downtime.
Applicants should have experience working with young children. Those with additional skills or interest in gardening, yoga, meditation, art, music, & forest-based or nature-based education are encouraged to apply.
25 - 35 hours per week (between 8am&5pm, Monday through Friday - with time off during seasonal breaks), competitive pay, paid trainings, healthy lunch everyday, and a community-based workplace.
We have an amazing group of experienced and educated teachers that work together as a team and a great group of children and families! This is a great opportunity to learn about child development and early childhood education from some of the best in the field. Mentorship & opportunities for advancement available!
We are looking for someone flexible, hard working, and a team player. This is an opportunity to be a part of something great!
Salary: $10.00 to $12.00 /hour
If you are have a background in early childhood education and are interested in learning more about employment opportunities, please email resumes with cover letters to Katie McGoron